The Bosch DCN multimedia conference system
The DCN multimedia conference system is the latest innovation in conferencing systems from world leading manufacturer Bosch.
DCN multimedia is more than just a brand new conference system. It has been designed from the ground up to inform, impress and inspire the audience, while providing key benefits to other stakeholders such as investors, installers and technicians.
It is ideal for meeting areas such as city councils, regional councils and boardrooms. And like all Bosch products, it is backed by the world-renowned Bosch customer support and service commitment.
The DCN multimedia system integrates audio, video and meeting content with internet access in one single system. Emphasis has been placed on putting people and their content at the core of the system concept. This increases presentation effectiveness and enhances interaction between people.
Documents can be shared, presentations retrieved and displayed, and the Internet accessed using multimedia conference devices with high-resolution capacitive touch-screens. This makes it easier for people to convey their message, to get their story across, to explain and convince.
Moreover, the possibility to have documents available electronically for all participants can lead to major savings in printing and paper costs.
DCN multimedia is designed to impress both participants and audience, not only with its elegant design, unobtrusive microphone and excellent ergonomics, but also with its extremely high sound quality and its unique IP based system architecture.
Innovative technologies for acoustical excellence
- Several Bosch technologies are at the heart of this acoustic excellence.
- The unobtrusive, pluggable microphone developed by Bosch uses high-directive technology allowing ultra-clear speech, without the speaker having to pay attention to the location of the microphone.
- The multimedia devices feature a built-in two-way loudspeaker system to represent the sound spectrum more accurately, resulting in outstanding intelligibility and extremely high sound quality.
- DCN multimedia system makes use of unique, built-in, intelligent Acoustic Feedback Suppression developed by Bosch. It automatically adapts itself to the environment and maximizes speech intelligibility when higher volumes are required.
- And as each conference room is different in acoustics, the intelligent system features advanced equalization that optimizes acoustics throughout the room and even at individual seats.
The first IP-based conference system
- DCN multimedia is the first IP-based conference system built on the OMNEO media networking architecture. Developed by Bosch, OMNEO operates on standard Ethernet networks to guarantee cost-effective installation and maintenance.
- Devices can be connected in star configuration using standard CAT5e (or higher) cables and Power over Ethernet (PoE) switches. This means existing building infrastructures can be used, resulting in cost-effective installation and maintenance.
- Next to this, daisy chain configurations can be realized by using Bosch powering switches and Bosch system network cables.
- Star and daisy chain configurations can be combined, making DCN multimedia a time-saving, flexible conference system.
- The DCN multimedia conference system makes use of several standard technologies to create an open platform for integrating diverse products into complete system solutions.
- At the heart of the system is the OMNEO media networking architecture developed by Bosch. This provides the highest levels of interoperability, flexibility and reliability.
- OMNEO is also compatible with a wide range of audio products through Dante™ technology.
- DCN multimedia conference devices use a version of the Android™ operating system, allowing the use of custom-made or third-party apps to enhance the meeting experience even further.
- In addition, the system supports ONVIF compliant IP cameras, making it easier to integrate automatic camera control in the system.
- All these features provide the system with a high level of flexibility and scalability to grow as customer’s requirements evolve.
By making presentations more effective and enhancing interaction between participants, DCN multimedia helps people become inspired by the subject being discussed. It encourages people to get involved, and to contribute more efficiently to the meeting. In the end, this will move people to action.
At the same time the system is inspiring for investors with features that reduce paper consumption and save electricity to contribute towards a better environment. And with possibilities to expand functionality of the multimedia conference devices by simply adding software.
Good for the environment
- As meeting content is accessible via the multimedia conference devices, there is no need to print meeting documents, thus saving paper.
- The chairperson can easily switch the system from and to stand-by via the multimedia conference device, resulting in extremely low power consumption in stand-by as all multimedia devices for participants are switched off.
- A future possibility will be for multiple sites using DCN multimedia conference systems to easily connect to each other using the internet and so form one big meeting (not only audio and video, but also data). This will reduce the need for travelling and contribute to a better environment.
- An investment in DCN multimedia is an investment in the future.
- Scalable and expandable system design, combined with enhancement possibilities through adding functionalities via software and integrating third-party or custom made apps, make it a truly future-proof system that can grow with your needs.
- Value-added features, elegant design, an excellent price/quality ratio and innovative technologies make the DCN multimedia system an exceptional choice for today and the future.
See Components for more info and downloads